BULLETIN OF ALFRED NOBEL UNIVERSITY
included in the list of scientific professional publications (category B) by the decision of the Attestation Board of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Order No. 1188 from 24.09.2020
Submission guidelines for authors
- The structure and content of the article must conform to the requirements of Higher Attestation Commission of Ukraine. The article is to contain the following essential elements: general articulation of the problem and its connection with important scientific or practical tasks; analysis of recent researches and publications which initiated the process of problem solving and which are used by the author; selection of the unsolved parts of generic problem, which the present article is devoted to; formulation of aims of the article (setting tasks) and selection of research methods; description of main material of research with complete justification of scientific results; conclusions to this study and perspectives for further research in this direction.
- Articles are published in Ukrainian, Russian, English, French, German, Spanish and Polish in paper or electronic form. Spacing 1.5, font size 14, Times New Roman, margins: top and bottom – not less than 2 cm, right – 1 cm, left – 3 cm& Minimum size of the article is 10 pages (only the main body of the article, excluding abstract, references, appendices, etc.).
- Article layout guidelines: UDC code is printed on the first line of the first page in the left corner; the line below the center is for the initials and last name of the author in bold letters, below are the author’s data – the scientific degree and the name of the institution. The article’s title is printed two lines below (centered, in capitals, and in bold).
Main body is typed without hyphenation and page number.
Fragments of text are typed in bold (terminology if necessary) and in italics (quotations from literary texts). No underlined text is allowed. It is necessary to remember about the differences in size and space between dash (–) and hyphen (-). It is to be followed in bibliography list as well. Do not confuse dash and hyphen. The dash can not be replaced by a hyphen and vice versa.
- Mandatory elements of the article are annotations and keywords in Ukrainian and Russian (if the article is written in a foreign language, except of Russian, annotations in the Ukrainian language and language of the article are required) in the amount of 1800 printed characters (minimum), as well as the summary of an article in the amount of 3000 printed characters and keywords in English including the English version of the author’s surname and the title of the article. Abstracts in Ukrainian, Russian and English must include the purpose and objectives of research, research methods, research results.
- The article is accompanied by: a scan copy of the completed and signed by the personal signature consent form for the publication of the article; a reference to the authors (in Ukrainian and English) with the indication of the name, patronymic name, surname, academic rank, scientific degree, position, address, place of work, contact telephone number and e-mail, as well as the post office of Nova Poshta (number) and the city where the copy is to be sent.
- Publication fee for authors is 40 UAH per page. Articles of Doctors of Sciences are published free of charge.
- Guidelines for in-text citation. In-text citations are formatted according to the APA Style.
In-text citations are given in square brackets and should include the name of the author of the cited source (or editor/compiler/title of the cited source, if the author is unknown), year of publication and page number or page range: [Gak, 2000, p. 189]. The surname of the author (or editor/compiler/title of the cited source, if the author is unknown) is given in the language of the cited source.
In-text citation to the source with multiple authors (or editors/compilers)
If the cited source has 2 to 5 authors (or editors/compilers), the in-text citations should contain the names of all authors separated by commas: [Bohoyavlenskaya, Neliubina, Ivanova, 2015, p. 27].
If the cited source has 6 or more authors, the in-text citations should contain the name of the first author and the word ‘et al.’: [Skvortsov et al., 2009, p. 51] or [Brown et al., 2015, p. 432].
In-text citation to the source with no author (or editor/compiler)
If the cited source has the name of the editor or compiler, in the in-text citation the name of the editor or compiler is indicated in the place of the author’ name: [Kovaliv, 2009].
If the cited source has no author (or editor/compiler), and it is a large work (a book), the in-text citation should contain the title of the source in italics, important words in title should be capitalized: [Norms of the Ukrainian Literary Language, 2018, p. 322].
If the cited source has no author (or editor/compiler), and it is a shorter work (an article, a section in a monograph or textbook, etc.), the in-text citation should contain the title of the work in quotation marks, only the first word should be capitalized: [“Extended simple sentence”, 1983, p. 45].
Citing multiple sources in the same in-text citation
If in-text citations are made to multiple sources in one set of brackets, organize them alphabetically, separating by a semicolon: [Gak, 2000; Borillo, 2006; Hernández, 2010; Mouret, 2011].
In-text citation to multiple sources with different authors who have the same surnames
If two or more authors have the same surname, the authors’ initials should be included in the in-text citation (or full name if the initials are also same): [A. Borillo, 2006; L. Borillo, 2011].
In-text citation to multiple sources with the same author and the same year of publication
When citing to multiple publications with the same author with the same publication year, indexing in Latin letters a, b, c, d, etc. should be used: [Shevchenko, 1999a] or [Shevchenko, 1999a, 1999b, 1999c].
In-text citations to multi-volume work
When citing to multi-volume work (collections of works, encyclopedias, etc.), the volume number is indicated after the year of publication: [Rylskyi, 1999, vol. 3, p. 267].
- Guidelines for Bibliography. Bibliography are formatted according to the APA Style, the international style for research articles formatting.
Bibliography should be organized alphabetically by the name of the author (or editor/ compiler). If the source does not have an author, it is placed in the list by the first letter of the title. If the source has a DOI number, it should be specified.
Title of the cited source, and the author`s name should be in the language of the cited source.
Hesse, H. (1971). Das Glasperlenspiel. Frankfurt a.M.: Suhrkamp Verlag.
If bibliography have multiple works with the same author, editor or compiler, the works should be placed chronologically by year of publication in ascending order.
If the bibliography source has no more than seven authors (editors/compilers), then all authors should be listed in the reference.
If the bibliography source has eight or more authors (editors/compilers), the names of the first six authors should be given in the reference, followed by three dots (...) and the name of the last author.
Book with 1 to 7 authors:
Sherekh, Y. (1951). Essay on the modern Ukrainian literary language. Munich: Young life.
Irtenieva, N.F., Shapkin, A.P., Blokh, M.Ya. (1969). Sentence structure in English. Moscow: Higher School.
Book wirh 8 or more authors:
Prusova, V.H., Prykhach, O.S., Dovgan, K.L., Ostapenko, H.H., Boiko, S.O., Polishchuk, O.O. ... Bondar, H.R. (2004). Math. Kyiv: Education.
Book with editor:
Ponomariv, O.D. (Ed.). (2001). Modern Ukrainian (2nd ed.). Kyiv: Lybid.
McNamara, R.H. (Ed.). (2008). Homelessness in America. Westport, CT: Praeger Publishers.
Book with no author:
Ukrainian. (2009). Kyiv: Kyiv Politechnic University.
Part of the book:
Shmeleva, T.V. (1980). Proposition and its representations in a sentence. Gorshkova K.V. (Ed.), Issues of Russian linguistics: Problems of the theory and history of Russian (p. 131-137). Moscow: Moscow State University Publ.
Grosman, D. (2009). Writing in the dark. In T. Morrison (Ed.), Burn this book (pp. 22-32). New York, NY: HarperCollins Publishers.
Blok, A., & Orlov, V. (Ed.). (1960-1963). Collected works (V. 1-8). Moscow-Leningrad: State Publishing House of Fiction.
Separate volume of a multi-volume work
Blok, A. (1960-1963a). The Collapse of Humanism. V. Orlov (Ed.), Collected Works (V. 6, p. 112-124). Moscow, Leningrad: State Publishing House of Fiction.
Blok, A. (1960-1963b). The Lady Unknown. V. Orlov (Ed.), Collected Works (V. 2, p. 185-187). Moscow, Leningrad: State Publishing House of Fiction.
Blok, А. (1960-1963c). The Rose and the Cross (For staging at the Art Theater). Orlov V. (Ed.), Collected Works (V. 4, p. 525-538). Moscow, Leningrad: State Publishing House of Fiction.
Niehuis, S. (2008). Dating. In J. T. Sears (Ed.), The Greenwood encyclopedia of love (Vol. 6, pp. 57- 60). Westport, CT: Greenwood.
Markova, M. (2016). Understanding the problem of John Donne's petrarchism in literary discourse. Bulletin of Alfred Nobel University. Series: Philology, 2 (12), 67-73. doi: 10.1007/s11423-008-9098-1.
Doğan, B. (2020). Julian Barnes’s the Lemon Table as a Collection of Stories of Absence. Cancaya University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 16 (2), 187-202.
Burii, V. (2013, November 22). Professor Word: to Mykhailo Naienko - 75. Town above Tikych (Katerynopil), p. 8.
Ali, A.H. (2010, April 27). 'South Park' and the informal Fatwa. Wall Street Journal, p. A17.
Dissertations and abstracts of dissertations
Husar, N.I. (2002). Structure and functions of nominative absolute participial construction in Middle English. (Cand. philol. sci. diss.). Kyiv National Linguistic University, Kyiv.
Stepanova, A.A. (2014). Reflections on Faustian culture in the literary process of Europe and the United States in the 1920s and 1930s: aesthetics, poetology, typology. (Extended abstract of Dr. philol. sci. diss.). Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv.
Halenko, А.М. (2012). Cultural competence in the structure of professional competencies of Philology students. Academic Bulletin of Donbass, 4. Retrieved from http://nvd.luguniv.edu.ua/archiv/ NN20 / 12gamsfs.pdf.
Musés, C.A. (Ed.). (1961). Esoteric teachings of the Tibetan Tantra. Retrieved from http://www.sacred-texts.com
- Guidelines for References
As stipulated in the Rules of International bibliographic database SCOPUS, an article submitted to a scientific journal is to contain the list of bibliographical sources – References – being transliterated. Thus, two variants of References are to be made up. The first one is to comply with the requirements ДСТУ ГОСТ 7.1:2006 «Bibliographic record, bibliographic description. General requirements and rules», the second one – with the international standard given below. Given as a separate unit References are to duplicate the Ukrainian or Russian list regardless the usage of English sources. If the English sources have been used, they are rewritten in References. As to foreign bibliographical sources, unlike English ones, they are to be given in English or transliterated by means of Roman alphabet, not Cyrillic one.
- Characters «//» and «–» are to be removed from transliterated text being replaced with commas. Pay attention to the use of English quotation marks (“ ”) instead of traditional ones (« »).
- Each transliterated name of the bibliographic reference is to be in italics and extended by the English translation (the title of the article, book, journal, conference). In this case, the translation is taken in square brackets and placed immediately after the transliterated name.
- The place of publication is to be marked in full (for example, «Kyiv» not «К.»).
- All basic data (page indications, volume, issue, numbers) must be in English, not transliterated. Thus, instead of «s.» «p.» or «pp.» must be used (for example, 123 p. or рр. 1-12); and instead of «т.» (volume), «вип.» (issue) і «№» (number) - «», «issue» and «no.» respectively.
- Roman numerals (for example, conference names) are to be replaced with words or Arabic numerals (Second or 2nd instead of II).
- It is not needed to specify the type of publication in the description of textbooks and tutorials. This information in References will go amiss.
- The description of the source is to contain the names of all authors, in no case reducing the list.
- The year of publication is transferred to the beginning of the description, placed immediately after the author’s last name in brackets (the most appropriate option).
- When describing electronic sources, it is mandatory to indicate the date of access to information.
- All sources listed in References are placed in Latin alphabet. For example: 1. Cole M. Cultural Psychology… 2. Vygotskii L.S. Psikhologiia iskusstva..., by contrast Ukrainian or Russian variants: 1.Виготський Л.С. Психологія мистецтва… 2. Коул М. Психологія культури…
- When specifying a publishing house, it is recommended to use «Publ.» after its name. If the name of the publisher has an officially registered translation into English, this option is indicated, in all other cases the transliterated name of the publishing house is given.
- The original language may be specified in brackets at the end of the bibliographic description of the source, for example: (In Russian), (In Ukrainian). Also it is possible to provide information on translation of the annotation into English, for example: (In Russian; abstract in English).
Some pieces of advice to the authors
- In the case of a reference to a bibliographic source in English, it is not necessary to translate it, first of all this applies to publications registered in international scientometric databases.
- If the Ukrainian-language or Russian-language magazine has an officially registered name in English (usually this information is available on the website of the publication), then this name is to be written in References, not the own translation.
- If there is an opportunity to find the original publication of a foreign source, then it is necessary to give its description.
- When describing the publications without authors (collections, collective monographs), it is permitted to name one, maximum two editors of the publication instead of authors’ surnames.
- It is permitted not to transliterate titles of dissertations, patents, reports, legislative and normative documents, and other non-standard documents for quoting indexes, providing only their English translation. However, in brackets it is necessary to indicate the language of the original publication, for example: (In Russian) or (In Ukrainian).
- For unpublished documents, you can make a brief description indicating in brackets (Unpublished) if the source has an author; or (Unpublished Source) or (Unpublished Report) if there is no author.
- If the publication has doi, it is to be indicated at the end of the description of the source.
Izvekov, V.I., Serikhin, N.A., Abramov, A.I. (2005). Proektirovanie turbogeneratorov [Design of turbo-generators]. Moscow, MEI, 440 p.
Lindorf, L.S., Mamikoniants, L.G. (1972). Ekspluatatsiia turbogeneratorov s neposredstvennym okhlazhdeniem [Operation of turbine generators with direct cooling]. Moscow, Energiia Publ., 352 p.
Nenashev, M.F. Poslednee pravitel’stvo SSSR [Last government of the USSR]. Moscow, Krom Publ., 1993, 221 p.
Book element (part, chapter etc.)
Savchenko, A.P., Cherkavskaya, O.V., Rudenko, B.A., Bolotov, P.A. (2010). Anomalnaya anatomiya koronarnykh arteriy [Deviant anatomy of coronary arteries]. Interventsionnaya kardiologiya. Koronarnaya angiografiya i stentirovanie [Interventional cardiology. Coronarography and stenting]. Moscow, GEOTAR-Media, pp. 60-79.
Latyshev, V.N. Tribologiya rezaniya. Kn. 1: Friktsionnye protsessy pri rezanie metallov [Tribology of Cutting, vol. 1: Frictional Processes in Metal Cutting], Ivanovo: Ivanovskii Gos. Univ., 2009.
Zagurenko, A.G., Korotovskikh, V.A., Kolesnikov, A.A., Timonov, A.V., Kardymon, D.V. Tekhniko-ekonomicheskaya optimizatsiya dizaina gidrorazryva plasta [Techno-economic optimization of the design of hydraulic fracturing]. Neftyanoe khozyaistvo [Oil Industry], 2008, no. 11, pp. 54-57.
Zagurenko, A.G., Korotovskikh, V.A., Kolesnikov, A.A., Timonov, A.V., Kardymon, D.V. (2008). Technical and economic optimization of hydrofracturing design. Neftyanoe khozyaistvo [Oil Industry], no. 11, pp. 54-57 (In Russian).
Swaminathan, V., Lepkoswka-White, E., Rao, B.P. Browsers or buyers in cyberspace? An investigation of electronic factors influencing electronic exchange. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 1999, vol. 5, no. 2. Available at: http://www. ascusc.org/ jcmc/vol5/issue2/ (Accessed 28 April 2011).
Article with doi
Zhang, Z., Zhu, D. Experimental research on the localized electrochemical micromachining. Russian Journal of Electrochemistry, 2008, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 926–930. doi: 10.1134/S1023193508080077
Article from the collection of scientific works
Astakhov, M.V., Tagantsev, T.V. (2006). Eksperimental'noe issledovanie prochnosti soedinenii “stal'-kompozit” [Experimental study of the strength of joints “steel-composite”]. Trudy MGTU “Matematicheskoe modelirovanie slozhnykh tekhnicheskikh system” [Proc. of the Bauman MSTU “Mathematical Modeling of Complex Technical Systems”], no. 593, pp. 125-130.
Usmanov, T.S., Gusmanov, A.A., Mullagalin, I.Z., Muhametshina, R.Ju., Chervyakova, A.N., Sveshnikov, A.V. (2007). Osobennosti proektirovaniya razrabotki mestorozhdeniy s primeneniem gidrorazryva plasta [Features of the design of field development with the use of hydraulic fracturing]. Trudy 6 Mezhdunarodnogo Simpoziuma “Novye resursosberegayushchie tekhnologii nedropol'zovaniya i povysheniya neftegazootdachi” [Proc. 6th Int. Symp. “New energy saving subsoil technologies and the increasing of the oil and gas impact”]. Moscow, pp. 267-272.
or a shorter version of the description
Usmanov, T.S., Gusmanov, A.A., Mullagalin, I.Z., Muhametshina, R.Ju., Chervyakova, A.N., Sveshnikov, A.V. (2007). Features of the design of field development with the use of hydraulic fracturing. Trudy 6 Mezhdunarodnogo Simpoziuma “Novye resursosberegayushchie tekhnologii nedropol'zovaniya i povysheniya neftegazootdachi” [Proc. 6th Int. Symp. “New energy saving subsoil technologies and the increasing of the oil and gas impact”]. Moscow, pp. 267-272. (In Russian).
Latypov, A.R., Khasanov, M.M., Baikov, V.A. (2004). Geology and Production (NGT GiD). The Certificate on official registration of the computer program. No. 2004611198 (In Russian, unpublished).
Generator davleniia GD-2M. Tekhnicheskoe opisanie i instruktsiia po ekspluatatsii [Pressure generator GD-2M. Technical description and user manual]. Zagorsk, Res. Inst. of Appl. Chem. Publ., 1975, 15 p.
Pressure generator GD-2M. Technical description and user manual. Zagorsk, Res. Inst. of Appl. Chem. Publ., 1975, 15 p. (In Russian, unpublished).
APA Style (2011). Available at: http://www.apastyle.org/apa-style-help.aspx (accessed 5 February 2011).
Pravila Tsitirovaniya Istochnikov [ules for the Citing of Sources] Available at: http://www.scribd.com/doc/1034528/ (Аccessed 7 February 2011).
Dissertation, author’s abstract
Semenov, V.I. (2003). Matematicheskoe modelirovanie plazmy v sisteme kompaktnyi tor. Diss. dokt. fiz.-mat. nauk [Mathematical modeling of the plasma in the compact torus. Dr. phys. and math. sci. diss.]. Moscow, 272 p.
Semenov, V.I. (2003). Matematicheskoe modelirovanie plazmy v sisteme kompaktnyi tor. Dokt, Diss. [Mathematical modeling of the plasma in the compact torus. Doct. Diss.]. Moscow, 272 p.
Grigor'ev, Iu.A. (1996). Razrabotka nauchnykh osnov proektirovaniia arkhitektury raspredelennykh sistem obrabotki dannykh. Diss. dokt. tekhn. nauk [Development of scientific bases of architectural design of distributed data processing systems. Dr. tech. sci. diss.]. Moscow, Bauman MSTU Publ., 243 p.
Laws, sets of regulations
Printed laws and regulations:
Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2007), “Resolution "On approval of the State program of development of the Ukrainian village until 2015"”, Ofitsijnyj visnyk Ukrainy, vol. 73, p. 2715.
Electronic laws, regulations (placed on sites):
The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2012), The Law of Ukraine "On public-private partnership", available at: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2404-17 (Accessed 29 August 2013).
Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2012), “Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine "On approval of the action plan for 2013 to implement the National Strategy for Regional Development 2015"”, available at: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua (Accessed 22 August 2013).
Ukrainian Business Resource (2011), “2010 results for the coal industry”, available at:http://ubr.ua/market/industrial/rezultaty-2010-goda-dlia-ugolnoi-promyshlennosti-73714 (Accessed 29August 2013).
GOST 8.586.5–2005. Metodika vypolneniia izmerenii. Izmerenie raskhoda i kolichestva zhidkostei i gazov s pomoshch'iu standartnykh suzhaiushchikh ustroistv [State Standard 8.586.5 – 2005. Method of measurement. Measurement of flow rate and volume of liquids and gases by means of orifice devices]. Moscow, Standartinform Publ., 2007, 10 p.
State Standard 8.586.5–2005. Method of measurement. Measurement of flow rate and volume of liquids and gases by means of orifice devices. Moscow, Standartinform Publ., 2007, 10 p. (In Russian)
Palkin, M.V. (2006). Sposob orientirovaniia po krenu letatel'nogo apparata s opticheskoi golovkoi samonavedeniia [The way to orient on the roll of aircraft with optical homing head]. Patent RF, no. 2280590.
Іванов, В.В. (2010). Kardiolohiia [Cardiology]. Working paper WP3/2012/01, Kyiv: Druk, 198 р.
Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy (2013). Sotsialni indykatory rivnia zhyttia naselennia [Social indicators of living], Kyiv: Informatsiino-analitychne ahentstvo.
If there is no available information about the author(s), but there is information about the editor, it is to be stated at the beginning of the description:
Vasyliev, I.I. (ed.) (2010). Kardiolohiia [Cardiology], Kyiv: Svit.
If there is no available information about the author(s) and editor, the name of publishing house is to be stated at the beginning of the description:
Donetsk National Medical University of Maxim Gorky (2012). Kardiolohiia [Cardiology], Donetsk: Donetsk National Medical University of Maxim Gorky.
The editorial board reserves the right to edit the articles if necessary and to reject them. Rejected articles are not returned.
Stepanova Anna Arkadiivna
Tel.: +38 050 320 01 82;